Will platinum be worth more than gold?

Platinum is much rarer than gold and other metals that investors buy, such as copper and silver. South Africa produces more platinum than any other country, so interruptions in operations in that country can seriously affect the global supply of platinum. For those looking to diversify their portfolio, Gold IRA rollovers are a great option. Platinum and white gold, what's the difference? If you're thinking about buying an engagement ring, you might be asking yourself this question. While the two metals look the same, there are a few key differences that are worth noting.

In this quick guide, we'll compare platinum and white gold side by side to give you all the information you need to know to make the best decision for you or your future fiancé. Platinum is an incredibly rare metal, naturally white. Platinum is one of the purest precious metals you can buy, consisting of 95% pure platinum and the remaining 5% are additional alloys. This precious metal emits a cold, icy tone and tends to intensify the natural brilliance and brilliance of a diamond's central stone.

When used in jewelry, gold comes in several forms, including white gold, yellow gold, and real rose gold. The different variations of this precious metal also include 14k gold, 18k gold, 21k gold and 24k gold, which is 100% pure gold. The main difference between platinum and gold rings is color, platinum is naturally white and gold is naturally yellow. However, when comparing the two, people usually opt for white gold, since it is similar in appearance to platinum and has a much lower price.

The proportion of white gold includes an alloy of gold and white metal (nickel, silver or palladium). To maintain its silver hue, white gold is finished with a rhodium plating; when rhodium discolors, the ring will reveal a yellowish tint until it is re-polished and re-plated. At first glance, platinum and white gold have a lot in common. This is how things compare when we compare the two side by side.

Some engagement ring frames combine perfectly with the clean white color and tones of white gold and platinum. When choosing an engagement ring, try these styles on a platinum or white gold frame to enhance the natural brilliance of your diamond or gemstone. Halo Halo bezel features a central diamond surrounded by a circle of smaller diamonds called decorative stones. This style can result in the illusion of a larger central stone and blends beautifully with platinum or white gold.

The pale tones of platinum and white gold emphasize bright stones such as turquoise, amethyst, opal and blue enamel that are often used in vintage designs. At the end of the day, what's best comes down to personal preferences, lifestyle, and budget. Someone with an active lifestyle might prefer a platinum ring because of its durability. However, with a little more attention, white gold can easily withstand normal use.

Perhaps the price is at the top of the mind. In that case, white gold could be the way to go. Whatever you decide, don't be afraid to compare prices and ask questions; buying a diamond ring is a great investment, so take your time. Popular culture often highlights gold as the most desirable metal.

So, you might think that would make it a greater rarity compared to platinum. But in reality, platinum is about thirty times rarer than gold, according to the World Platinum Investment Council. Each year, approximately 190 metric tons of platinum are mined worldwide, compared to 3,300 metric tons of gold. If you're looking for alternatives to a traditional IRA and are deciding whether to buy gold or platinum, gold is probably your safest bet.